Monday, December 21, 2009

Tic for Tac (A Conversation with Emily)

Right before Thanksgiving, I was talking to Emily about what she wanted for Christmas. She said she would ask Santa for an aquarium with fish in it. I told her that she should not get hung up over that and make sure to ask Santa for more than just one thing, so that she wouldn't get disappointed. She started thinking about it, and asked for a few others.

That afternoon, we went to the grocery store to pick up some things for our girl scout troop Thanksgiving party. We were checking out when she suddenly exclaims, "Mommy, I know what I want to ask Santa for Christmas!" Me: "What?" Emily: "Tic Tacs!"

Funny enough on it's own, but fast forward to this past Saturday night. We're having dinner with my parents and Bella starts talking about this singing Rudolph that we saw in Target and how Santa is going to get it for her. Emily says that both of them will get it, and I (thinking about how I couldn't find the darn thing, plus it breaks the rule of no loud toys in our house) say, "Well, honey, Santa will probably only give you one thing from your Christmas list." Emily's face is crestfallen as she says: "Oh no, I shouldn't have asked for Tic Tacs."

1 comment:

Rosanna said...

So, did they get the Rudolf? I had one as a kid and just loved it. Funny thing though, I woke up one morning and it wouldn't work. My mom convinced me that it was broken but I now realize that she took the batteries out of it :)